Modern English Yugen Gaisha ("the Company") hereby establishes the following terms and conditions of use (the "Terms") for the use of bokoco.com (the "Site") operated by the Company.
Article 1 Scope and Purpose of these Terms and Conditions
Article 2 Definitions
1. Terms used in this Agreement are defined as follows
(1) "Website" means the website called "bokoco.com" operated by the Company.
(2) "Services" means all services provided on the Site. Specific details of the Services shall be determined by the Company.
(3) "User" means any person who accesses the Site and uses the Service.
(4) "Member" means a person who is a Subscriber as defined in Article 9.
(5) "Work" means any content offered on the Digital Content Library Platform. This includes digital books, video and audio files, lessons, games, worksheets, quizzes, tests, exercises, and other materials provided by the publisher or content creator for educational, informational, or entertainment purposes. The term "work" includes copyrighted and non-copyrighted material, original content, licensed content, and any metadata, descriptions, or supplementary materials associated with the digital content.
Article 3 Use of the Site
By browsing the Site, applying for and registering to purchase various products and services (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract"), you are deemed to have agreed to the "bokoco.com Terms of Service" (hereinafter referred to as "Terms of Service").
Article 4 Changes to these Terms and Conditions
2. The revised Terms and Conditions shall take effect from the time they are posted on the Site.
Article 5 Copyright of this website
1. All content contained in and provided by the Site, including but not limited to text, images, audio clips, videos, games, worksheets, lessons, quizzes, tests, exercises and other content, and data downloaded in digital form, is protected by copyright (including the rights under Articles 27 and 28 of the Copyright Act). (including the rights stipulated in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act. All intellectual property rights and other legal rights to be protected in the games, worksheets, lessons, quizzes, tests, exercises and other content, as well as data downloaded in digital form, are reserved by the Company. Any reproduction, modification, distribution to third parties, sale, publication, etc., without prior written permission from the Company is prohibited.
2. We do not guarantee the completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights of the information provided by this site, and we are under no obligation to investigate such matters.
3. Users may not use (including but not limited to copying, distributing, publicly transmitting, broadcasting, selling, lending, or modifying) any information provided by this site for any purpose other than personal use without the prior consent of the Company. Violators may be punished by copyright law.
4. Intellectual property and other rights to the work are retained and reserved by the original publisher of the work.
Article 6. Change of Service Contents, etc.
We reserve the right to change, suspend, add, or discontinue services on this site at any time without prior notice to users.
Article 7. Suspension of this Site, etc.
1. The Company reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue this site without prior notice in the event of system failure or server maintenance. The Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the discontinuation of this site.
Article 8 Membership
1. A "member" is defined as a person who has agreed to all of the terms and conditions of this agreement, has applied for membership registration in accordance with the procedures specified by the Company, and has been approved by the Company. Members shall enter true and accurate information when applying for registration.
2. The Company may, at its discretion, refuse to accept an application for membership if any of the following items applies
1) When an applicant makes a false declaration at the time of application.
2) When we deem it inappropriate from a business or technical standpoint to accept the application for any other reason.
3. An individual can only register for membership once at the same time. An individual who is already a member cannot register a new membership under the same name.
4. Members may use the services for members of the Site (hereinafter referred to as "Member Services").
5. The Company will use communication methods to notify members of new services, distribute advertisements regarding the Company's or third parties' products and services, and provide administrative communications and other information related to the operation of the Service.
6. Memberships may not be transferred or loaned to a third party.
7. Members must reside in the territory indicated on the membership application.
8. Members must comply with all applicable laws in the use of the Work.
9. All electronic Works provided are for the Member's personal use only.
10. Reproduction or distribution of electronic Works in violation of applicable law is prohibited.
Article 9 Membership Registration
1. When using the various products and services on this site or placing an order for the first time, the user is required to register as a member. The user shall enter the required information (e.g., e-mail address, product delivery address, user's name, telephone number, etc.) on the membership registration page.
2. When purchasing products by credit card, the user shall use a credit card in his/her own name.
3. When the Company accepts a membership application, it shall do so by sending a registration confirmation e-mail.
Article 10 Password Management
1. The Company will issue IDs and passwords to members for use of the service.
2. Members shall be responsible for managing the IDs and passwords assigned to them in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
3. Members shall not transfer, lend, or disclose their passwords to third parties. In addition, the Company shall not be liable for any errors in use or unauthorized use by a third party.
4. Members shall be responsible for any damage caused by improper management of their passwords.
5. Members shall not allow any third party to use their IDs or passwords, and shall not assign, lend, grant a security interest in, or otherwise dispose of their IDs or passwords to any third party. Any member who engages in any of the above acts will be subject to account suspension or other action as soon as it is discovered.
6. If a third party uses a member's ID and password to use the service, such use shall be deemed to be use by the member, and the member shall be liable to pay all usage fees and other obligations to the Company in connection with such use.
7. Members shall immediately notify the Company of any loss or theft of their ID or password and follow the Company's instructions.
Article 11. Formation of Sales Contract
1. A contract of use and a sales contract between a user and the Company shall become effective when the Company receives information from the user's confirmation page and sends an e-mail to the user's server confirming receipt of the service applied for by the user and the products ordered by the user.
2. We may contact the user by telephone to confirm the payment method and order details, etc., if necessary.
Article 12 Completion of Formal Ordering Procedures
The term "completion of formal order processing" shall be defined as the time when we receive the information from the user's content confirmation page and send an e-mail to the user's server confirming receipt of the information, upon completion of the order processing as stipulated in the preceding article. Upon completion of the formal order process, production will begin for made-to-order products, and shipping procedures will be performed for other products.
Article 13. Notes on Ordering Downloadable Products
The expiration date for downloading products after payment is as follows, and there is no guarantee that the following expiration dates will be exceeded. Downloadable period: within 14 days after payment is processed.
Article 14 Payment
1. The amount payable for the downloadable product or subscription fee is the total of the purchase price of the product or subscription plus consumption tax.
2. This site's credit card settlement service is provided by "Stripe" of Stripe Japan Co. For more information about "Stripe", please click here.
3. Payment for products and services purchased through the Site shall be made by credit card in the user's name.
4. The accepted credit cards are those accepted by Stripe.
5. In the case of payment by credit card, the user shall comply with the terms and conditions of a separate agreement with the credit card company. In the event of a dispute between the user and the credit card company, etc., the dispute shall be resolved by both parties concerned, and we shall have no responsibility whatsoever.
Article 15 Cancellation and Termination of Purchase Agreement
Even after accepting an order from a user, the Company may cancel said Contract for any of the following reasons
1. If the credit card company fails to approve the user as a result of its review.
2. When false facts are found in the user's personal information
3. When circumstances are discovered that may indicate that the user's ability to pay is in jeopardy.
4. Other cases in which we deem it impossible to accept your order
Article 16 Prohibitions
1. Users shall not engage in any of the following acts when using the Site:
1) Applying false registration information when registering for an account.
2) Attempting to gain unauthorized access (connection) to this site.
3) Unauthorized use of e-mail addresses, IDs, or passwords.
4) Infringing or threatening to infringe or damage the copyrights, privacy or other rights of other users, third parties or the Company.
5) Actions that violate or may violate public order and morals and laws and regulations.
6) Any action that leads to criminal activity.
7) Infringing the copyrights, trademarks, portrait rights, or other rights of the Company or any third party.
8) Infringing the property, privacy, etc. of the Company or a third party.
9) Any act that defames or slanders the Company or any third party, or any act that damages the reputation or credibility of the Company or any third party.
10) Transmitting information that contains harmful programs.
11) Activities that are in violation of the Public Offices Election Law, such as pre-election activities, election campaigns, or similar activities.
12) Any act for the purpose of proselytizing or any similar act.
13) Business activities and other commercial activities, as well as acts aimed at preparing for such activities.
14) Any action that interferes with the operation of this site or undermines the credibility of this site.
15) Unauthorized reproduction, modification or redistribution of the contents of this site.
16) Acts for the purpose of fundraising, campaigns, contributions, donations, or any other form of payment of money or goods, or soliciting investment.
17) Actions for the purpose of collecting information about customers.
18) Disclosing or divulging to others any personal information, such as address, name, telephone number, etc., pertaining to other users or third parties obtained through the use of the Service.
19) Using the Company's trade name, trademark, or logo to mislead the user into believing that there is an affiliation between the user and the Company, or that the Company has granted the user the right to act on behalf of the user, etc.
21) In addition to the preceding items, any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 17 Cancellation and Return of Products
Products and services on this site are not cancelable, exchangeable or revocable.
Article 18. Order Acceptance Area
Support for downloadable products and/or subscriptions may vary by region. We reserve the right not to support downloadable products and/or subscriptions in some regions without notice.
Article 19 Cooperation of Members
1. The Company may conduct surveys or interviews with members through the Site, by e-mail, or by mail.
2. All copyrights and other intellectual property rights to information provided by members in response to the questionnaires, etc. described in the preceding paragraph shall belong to the Company.
Article 20 Handling of Member Information
1. The member agrees that the information registered with the Company at the time of application under Article 8 (hereinafter referred to as "Member Information") and information regarding services used by the member on the Site (hereinafter referred to as "Usage Information") will be registered in the Company's database.
2. If there is any change in the member information registered with the Company at the time of application under Article 8, the member shall promptly complete the change procedure as prescribed by the Company.
4. The Company shall be free to use member information and usage information as statistical data and other materials that cannot be used to identify individual members for the Company's business.
5. The Company shall not disclose member information to third parties in a manner that makes it possible to identify individual members. However, this shall not apply in the following cases.
(1) When the member consents.
(2) When disclosure is required by law.
(3) When necessary to provide the Service, such as when a third party is contracted to ship products to a Member.
6. Members recognize that the Company is not obligated to store any usage information and are responsible for making backups of necessary usage information as appropriate.
Article 21 Loss of Membership
1. The Company may disqualify a member in the following cases
(1) When there is an act that the Company deems to fall under any of the items of Article 16.
(2) If it is found that false information was entered in the membership registration.
(3) In the event of any other violation of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users as a result of disqualification of members in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
Article 22. Suspension and Withdrawal of Members
1. If a member requests to stop using the service, we will stop billing and suspend service use.
2. If a member wishes to cancel his/her membership, he/she must fill out the required information in the My Profile form and complete the cancellation process. After the withdrawal, all of the member's study history will be invalidated.
3. If a member who has previously withdrawn from the membership can re-register for the service, the member can do so from the date three months have elapsed from the date of withdrawal.
4. Members who canceled their membership during the free period stipulated in Article 11.2 may not subsequently re-register under the same name.
Article 23 Protection of Personal Information
When a user purchases a product or registers as a member of this website, the user is asked to enter his/her personal information, which is registered in our database. The registered information will be used to track the user's purchases of products on the Site, to provide guidance, and to administer and manage correspondence courses. Registered information will not be sold, provided, or leased to third parties.
Article 24 Certification
This website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the most reliable and practical encryption technology currently available on the Internet, to protect personal information. However, its security is not guaranteed by us, and we assume no responsibility whatsoever in the event of data leakage or other accidents that occur through no fault of ours.
Article 25 Indemnification
2. We shall not be liable for any disadvantage or damage incurred by the user as a result of using the service.
3. Users shall use the Service at their own risk, and we shall not be involved in any of their communications or activities. The Company shall not be liable for any and all damages incurred by the User as a result of the use of the Service, and shall have no obligation to compensate the User for any such damages.
4. If a user causes damage to a third party through the use of the Service, the user shall resolve the matter at the user's own responsibility and expense, and the Company shall not be held responsible for such damage.
6. Transactions between users and advertisers who advertise on the Site shall be conducted at the responsibility of the users and advertisers, and the Company shall not be liable for any disputes or damages arising from such advertisements and transactions.
7. The Company does not guarantee the content of websites linked to from this site. The Company shall not be liable for any damages resulting from such links.
Article 26 Governing Law
Established April 1, 2022
Modern English Yugen Gaisha.
Representative Director: Simon Charles Moran
5-20, Korien-cho, Hirakata, Osaka 573-0086, Japan
Please contact us at the e-mail address below or use the inquiry form.
Once registered, you can also request deletion of your account by e-mail.